Monday, April 15, 2013
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
1. I still remember way back when I was a freshman in high school, telling my then boyfriend, George, that the person I was right then at that moment, is the same person I will be when I am 40.
2. I was kinda wrong. But kinda right too.
3. I am still a rule follower.
4. I still hate geometry.
5. I am still a very liberal-minded person.
6. I am still creative - but not in the way that I was back then.
7. I am not nearly as naive as I was then. But I think most of us can say that.
8. In fact, it's been so long since I was that person, I don't even remember if we are all that similar.
9. So, I'm thinking....the memory is not nearly as good as it was WAY back then.
10. But at that point, I only had 14 years under my belt......
11. So, maybe the memory isn't all that bad. At least I still remember that I said that....
12. Moving on.....
13. And yes, I just used a transition as one of my numbers.
14. My favorite color right now is turquoise.
15. There is not a lot better in life than a really good book.
16. Or listening to your kids laugh.
17. Or a really perfectly prepared piece of steak.
18. If my hair looks good, it puts me in a good mood.
19. If my hair looks bad, i try not to look at my reflection too much.
20. I'm probably the least vain person you know.
21. Hearing the word CARBS is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
22. The best part about Winter is getting to wear crazy socks.
23. The best part about summer....is EVERYTHING.
24. My favorite cake is.....cake.
25. In fact, I once heard a story about a family who didn't speak to each other because someone didn't tell someone else that they were picking up the cake for a family member's birthday....and therefore there were TWO cakes. And I'm just not really seeing the problem with that...are you?
26. I miss my Grandma Clara everyday.
27. I take WAY too many pictures.
28. If I won a million dollars, I would not sell my house.
30. But I would buy myself a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.
31. Is it crazy that if I could go on vacation right now, I would go to DisneyWorld, even though i've been there 1,000,000 times?
32. At one point in my life, I had Michael Bolton and Kenny G in my CD rotation.
33. I can only admit that because I'm pretty sure I had Metallica and Van Halen in the same rotation.
34. I would rather buy clothes for my kids than myself.
35. I can't draw, but I have awesome handwriting.
36. I throw away a lot of my kids artwork. If i didn't, we'd have to get a bigger house or a storage unit. Don't tell them, okay?
37. I'm totally addicted to baseball. I can't WAIT for the season to start.
38. I haven't scrapbooked in a really long time. I miss it it, but for some reason i just can't get back into it. But I will....
39. It took me about 30 tries to get the above picture of myself.
40. I have looked forward to turning 40 - because it seems like being 40 is FUN. I'll keep u posted!
Happy Birthday to me!
Friday, January 18, 2013
BTW - the reason that all of these pictures are of Paige is because Emily was either sick or at school or hanging out with her friends. Not around for my camera. Not uncommon for kids approaching those teenage years......You can see her above. She is around......kindof.....